Part-time Time EFL Instructors for Osaka English Village
QR Code Link to This Post
Osaka English Village (www.englishvillage.co.jp) is looking for experienced and professional teachers to serve as part-time EFL instructors at its facility located in Suita City, Osaka Prefecture. OEV is a unique facility that utilizes real-world situation rooms to immerse students in an American English environment.
Working under the direction of an English speaking Academic Supervisor, instructors make use of (and adapt) existing materials and lesson plans in ways to encourage communicative, real-world exchanges between visitors and instructional staff, and may lead more traditional after-school, Mommy & Me, and Summer/Winter Camp programs. Candidates with prior experience in non-traditional classroom settings, and/or a background in drama/theatre, physical education, music, or English education background are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Reside in Japan with a proper working visa. *Tourist visas are NOT accepted*
• Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
• Prior experience with mixed age groups (preferred).
• Hold a TEFL/TESOL certificate (preferred).
• Native or Equivalent Level in English
• Start dates: April - September
Working Hours & Benefits
• Flexible working hours of 0 – 60 Hours per month with shifts typically no less than 2 hours between 9:45am-6:00pm.
o *Preference to those who can work Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays*
• Available shifts are on offer seven days a week, 365 days a year.
• Monthly stipend of up to ￥40,000 to cover the costs of public transportation to and from the Osaka English Village.
• Paid pre-service orientation and training.
• Pay rate of ￥2,000 per hour.
To apply for the position above, please submit the following documents to the recruiting coordinator for Osaka English Village:
1. Cover letter and resume (with employer contact information).
2. Scanned copy of your university diploma.
3. Scanned copy of the picture page of your passport and residence card.
4. A recent photo.
Selected candidates will be contacted by email to make arrangements for interviews via telephone / Skype.